Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Intro

Currently I am a student at Baylor university studying psychology and philosophy. Most of where I feel my education is focused is on the ideas and studies surrounding people and their lives in a general sense. Psychology is about figuring out the brain and human function, along with characteristics and behaviors that follows the human race around. Philosophy is more focused on knowledge and what we as humans have the capacity to understand and what could be out there that we try to understand. I enjoy the environment that I study in for two main reasons. First, Baylor is a private university where small class sizes are very common and interaction between class mates is common so it brings the ideas of each person into a class setting where diverse ideas can be found and thought about. Second, the fact that it is a Baptist university also brings a strong pull to a religious aspect of education and learning, which helps foster a general knowledge of, mostly Christian, religious views as it is one of the biggest aspects of human life that most people on earth acknowledge. This is the focus and setting of what I have been learning about the last few years and although broad it will shed some light on the ideas and specifics of things that I talk about as my year goes on.

2 comments: